Saturday 5 January 2013


Initial questions and what I hope to gain from my Inquiry


Between modules 1 & 2 my job role within my school changed from a supporting role to a more prominent classroom role. Having been a Performing Arts Technician I am now a Cover Supervisor. The change in role has allowed me an opportunity to reflect upon what I could focus my inquiry towards in terms of being able to benefit not only my colleagues but also my own professional development as I look towards gaining a place on a PGCE course in September 2013. 
From reader 4 I was able to reflect on the nature of my work. More specifically, I was able to identify that my work within my profession was of a ‘transdisciplinary’ nature. I was particularly interested in the idea of 
‘Mode 2’ and using ‘a range of theoretical perspectives and practical methodologies to solve problems’ (Gibbons 1994).

With this in mind my line of inquiry began with a focus towards behaviour management which led me to ask the following questions:

1.      What are the main differences in the behaviour of students in Drama lessons and classroom based lessons?
2.      Does the practical environment have a positive or negative impact upon behaviour?
3.      If so, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment